Saturday, 18.05.2024, 11:38
NAIL ADDICTION
Welcome: Guest  You have of new Private Messages

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » MAIN FORUM » Nail Extensions » Lifting reasons and way to avoid them.
Lifting reasons and way to avoid them.
BLUEKIKIODate: Thursday, 19.03.2009, 21:26 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Checked
I offer to discuss problem of lifting and "air pockets " in this thread. Please feel self welcome to ask the questions or describe reasons and solutions of this problem. I think it will be extremely helpful for those who just started in the nail industry.

Message edited by BLUEKIKIO - Thursday, 19.03.2009, 21:26

jb100680Date: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:41 | Message # 2
Group: Removed

Привет всем! I was wondering what do you all think the best way to prep the nails? Obviously this is the primary cause of lifting. CND call for a prep with cuticle remover. I've always had problems removing the "remover" Lately I've opted for a dry prep, just lightly remove the shine and dehydrate. What do you all think?

Vanish, love your work. Someday, when mine has improved, I'll share!

ElenaDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:47 | Message # 3
Major
Group: Moderators
Hello,jb100680!!!! and welcome to our "family" :*

Different companies use different products to dehydrate the nail plate before applying a product. In CND it is srubfresh, in NSI it is NAILS PURE(i hope I speld it right:), In Kinetics it is "Dehydrator"...
All of these product work brilliant and if you are using CND you probably should use scrubfresh to remove the cuticle remover:) I'm not sure though...
I normaly use dry preparation as well and use the cuticle remover only on very bad nails with overgrown cuticles.
there is plenty of reasons for lifting to appear but you right that improper preparation is the most basic one.

Any way, whatever brand you use, lifting must be exception rather than a rule if all the procedures recommended by manufacturer are followed.

Thank you for comments about my work and we are waiting for yours!!!!!!!!
Share them doesn't matter what they are and we will try to improve them all together! My work has plenty of mistakes but I show them any way! the best way to find out about mistakes is to ask somebody, sometimes you just don't see what you should change...

ElenaDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:48 | Message # 4
Major
xANNAx on Sat 28 Feb - 15:40

Hi guys, the cuticle remover (Cuticle Away) used in the PREP for CND is rinsed off using a spray bottle containing fresh water with a few drops of Citrus soak in it.
However... before rinsing the cuticle remover off you would use a curette to gently scrape away the debris and cuticle from the surface of the nail plate...focusing on the nail folds....then the nails are rinsed off to remove all traces of the cuticle remover (with the water and citrus soak).
The nail plate is then cleansed and dehydrator with Scrubfresh on a lint free pad - again concentrating on the nail folds x

jacsumnerDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:49 | Message # 5
Private
hi im jac i just registered its nice to meet everyone. i have just started in the industry and i too have problems with lifting. i have tried dry prep and dehydrator removing all of the debris and i still have lifting. please help. i also find everyones nail art inspiring. sometimes it takes someone elses creativity to spark your own

ElenaDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:50 | Message # 6
Major
Hello Jac and Welcome!! It's nice to have you here!
Lifting problem may occur because of number of reasons. I'm not familiar with OPI system unfortunately but I'll do some research for you and let you know.
If you just list your routine from A to Z it could be helpful to understand what are we looking for.x

jb100680Date: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:51 | Message # 7

Hello,

OPI's prep goes- sanitizer gel, apply avoplex cuticle remover,
push and nip cuticle
remove shine from the nail
cleans with NAS 99 (nail antispetic spray)
apply bond-aid (nail dehydrator)
apply bond-ex (primer)

HTH's :*

jacsumnerDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:54 | Message # 8
Private
thank you for your response back. what r your favorite acrylic systems. i have been using opi since school and i would really like to experment with different systems. and do you know about pop its and if so where can i purchase them.

jb100680Date: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:55 | Message # 9

There are alot of systems out there. Just depends on what training you can find. EZ Flow, Creative, Young Nails, Entity. I'm impressed with all these companies. Currently waiting for CND training in my area. I'm using there retention+. It's a primerless system, which I like. Have to say it is my favorite right now! But I only have OPI Clarite to compare it to. Sort of like apples and oranges.

Unfortunately never worked with pop-its, and don't know where to get them in the US!

ElenaDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:57 | Message # 10
Major
Never used popits ether..but dying to try! If it can save your time it could be worth to buy a box. You can order them from Sweet Squired or you can try Freeforms from Edge
Tell me how it works when you try:)
About the brand to choose.. I can't say that this is better or that is bad... Creative, Young Nails, EZFlow, Kinetics and so on- they are all top brands and high quality products... I chose Kinetics as I love the clarity of their acrylics, I love the way you can file acrylic from Kinetics- so easy as you file gel so your infills timing reduce..The white is incredibly white!!!!

jacsumnerDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 21:58 | Message # 11
Private
thanks again for the response. i use opi, but only because that is my only option at work. i have to build up my nail business more in order to get cnd. im not that big of a fan of opi products mainly clarite. i find that even after the curing resin it still doesn't cure correctly. i am a fan of opi competition 3000 and nail envy. do you have any suggestions on building my nail clientel. my hair clientel is getting there, but nails have been a little slower. i think it is because of the fact that im in kentucky. my clients haven't really been exposed to all of the beauty of nail art outside of stencil airbrush. every time i learn something new i put it on my nails to advertise.

ElenaDate: Sunday, 22.03.2009, 22:02 | Message # 12
Major
Have a look here about building of a client base ..
Salon Promotion

PowermovesDate: Tuesday, 24.03.2009, 11:52 | Message # 13
Private
hello, i use Tammy Taylor. Her prep is to use a 100grit to etch then use a Pterygium Stone (To prep Cuticle area) brush away dust then prime let it dry hen prime again. My question is How do any feel about using 100 grit on your natural nail? What the different from using that on the natural nail verse using a e-file on the natural nail. Also what the best way to use them both? here's her website if anyone will like to check it out www.TammyTaylornails.com

jeseDate: Wednesday, 25.03.2009, 12:48 | Message # 14
Private
You always have to follow what your product manufacturer recommends. Maybe Tammy Taylor requires 100 grit prep to adhere. shok

For me, the thought of using a foot file to prep my clients natural nails doesn't appeal to me!

I have seen her videos and the application technique is good, but 100 grit!! notcool

Just my opinion!

ElenaDate: Wednesday, 25.03.2009, 13:11 | Message # 15
Major
I think 100gr file must not go anywhere near natural nail!!! End of story!
Can here be a possibility you misunderstood this part of preparation routine? i can hardly believe any nail school would teach you to do so... even if we are talking about toenails..

Message edited by Elena - Wednesday, 25.03.2009, 13:11

Forum » MAIN FORUM » Nail Extensions » Lifting reasons and way to avoid them.
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

All works are the author's copyright and remain the personal property of the master. Unauthorised publication by any medium, copying by any format, or plagiarism is forbidden. The use of materials appearing on this website (text, image) must be authorised by the master and all requests must indicate the source and name of the master by which or whom they are intended for use. Nail-Addiction.co.uk - professional nail extensions and nail design studio© 2024
Make a free website with uCoz